Do Curling Wands Actually Work?

7:37 PM kattadellic 0 Comments

Well I have been skeptical about curling wands, because one there just totally new and second they have no clamp to hold your hair in place. Yes, the clamp part does pose a new technique that you have to use, but it takes way less time then a regular curling iron. Especially if you use a curling wand that goes up to 400 to 410 degrees. I used Remmington's half inch to 1 inch slim wand, there are different widths obviously but if your looking to get actually ringlets that make tight curls this width is perfect.




With my long wavy hair it took about a half an hour to do all of it quickly, but honestly the wand works so fast that I got it down I could probably do it in 15 to 20 minutes. My hair goes all the way to my butt! So the quicker the better. Should you get a wand, always go for ceramic. I know that some people swear by metal curling irons because it really puts those curls in place....but what you have afterwards is hair that is more damaged by heat than if you used a clay based coating over your curling iron.

The technique I was talking about earlier was simply taking your strand of hair when you've already gotten the strand wrapped around the base and overlapping it as you go up, because your strand will try and slid off some, overlapping with help as it slides. The overlapped part will get curled. TIP: Don't try and pull it really tight! It will slide off!


I tried to mess with the lighting in this picture so you guys can see the curls a bit better, even though I usually do have curly to wavy hair it usually gets weighed down by how long and how much of it there is. So having something to give it some "umph" really helps.


I would recommend getting a wand to anyone who has a lot of hair, simply because it takes only about 10 seconds for each curl. Just make sure to spray some kind of hairspray or spray gel onto your curls when your done to keep the look for longer. Even if you don't have long hair, having ringlets is always a fun way to switch it up.



Cheers!

If you like my posts don't forget to subscribe ^.^

0 comments: